Hands on ministry
A volunteer leads children on Saturday mornings at St. Cloud Apartments
Loaves & Fishes volunteers experience first hand the joys of making a difference in the lives of families. No matter the skills you possess, your contributions will make an impact. These are a few ways to get involved with Loaves & Fishes:
- Welcoming new Bhutanese families as they come into the city by visiting them in their homes, spending time with them, playing games, etc.
- Volunteering your time to teach English or become involved as a teacher with various organizations that already exist. Many of the Bhutanese ALREADY speak English very well.
- Delivering donated items such as clothing and food to families.
- Participating and/or helping to organize fundraising events.
- Transporting people in need to medical appointments, to the grocery store or other places that they need to go.
- Boredom is always an obstacle to overcome, so volunteers can be of great help by offering to organize and provide transport to recreational activities such as to the park, to the movies or to the mall.